Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Notes from the Studio


I think we'll have to start giving our volunteers and interns very specific instructions as to what they might be expected to do around here.

In the course of the past week, I've had to call out a con-artist, (attempting to fill bags with free books from the "take a book/leave a book" box to sell later) recite one of my own poems from memory (guy who stopped in today to talk about his art collection), haul cardboard, explain every single day what it is we're doing here to visitors off the street, listen to a poem that was published on poetry.com and smile and nod politely, explain to the mailman that we aren't moving we're just changing the art in the gallery, etc.

It's nice to have poems in the head. Handy brainmatter. Wish I had more memorized, actually. I'll have to work on that.

1 comment:

Talia Reed said...

Handy brainmatter: I could use some of that.

Nice cozy studio photo.

I applaud your work.